The Graduate Community of Scholars is sponsoring a workshop:
Academic Writing for Publication:
Strategies for Successful Writing in the Humanities
Presented by Dr. Elizabeth Tucker, Department of English
- How to write for publication in professional journals – what to do/what not to do
- Writing and citing conventions for papers in the social sciences and humanities
- Where to publish – knowing your audience
- How to find suitable journals
- Considering the difference between print and online journals
Friday, December 4, 2015 ● 12:00 to 1:00pm
University Union West, Room 324
Refreshments will be Served
*Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join us today (Wednesday, 11/18) from 12–1:30 p.m., in LSG 566 for the next COLI GSO Pedagogy Workshop!
The group will discuss: student writings, facilitating effective peer-revision sessions & will highlight some best practices. The workshop will be co-facilitated by Angela Runciman & Marissa Sabbath. Workshop materials will be provided & no extra preparation is required. We look forward to seeing you there!
Have you translated a literary work and would like to get it published? Want to learn more about the professional side of literary translation?
Come to the first TRIP GSO Workshop of the semester: How to Publish Your Literary Translation, on Friday, October 23 at 10am in LT 1506.
A question and answer session will follow the presentation. Coffee and light refreshments will be served.
Join the Facebook event here!
The TRIP GSO looks forward to seeing you there!
COLI GSO Meeting Notes
All graduate students are invited to our COLI GSO meeting this coming Tuesday, October 6th, 1-2 p.m. in LSG 568 (TA lounge). Please come and learn about the initiatives that we have for this year. You are invited to all of the GSO meetings.
- We had our first Journal GIM today and we will have a second one this coming Monday 12-1 p.m. in LSG 568. Please come. Refreshments will be provided. (See below post for details.)
- Our first Pedagogy workshop moderated by Olga Blomgren is coming up this Wednesday, October 7th, 12-1 p.m. in LSG 568. We will discuss Student Writing and specifically Assigning, Commenting, and Evaluating. Refreshments will be provided.
- We also have our Speaker Series coming up in October and November. If you would like to present your work to your peers either this Fall or next Spring, please let us know. You can contact the COLI GSO President, Marissa Sabbath at email@example.com or Anastasiya Lyubas at firstname.lastname@example.org.